All retirement workshops are not the same and while it's easy to assume that once provision has been found the need has been met, traditional retirement workshops may not be providing all the support employees now require in the context of contemporary retirement planning.
Aimed at individuals for whom retirement is a realistic option at any time with the next 3 years, the LaterLife Pre-Retirement workshops are unique in the weight they give to encouraging delegates to think about the retirement lifestyle they want to have. Rather than the relatively token acknowledgement to lifestyle planning given in many other versions, this 1 day workshop focuses on giving delegates the tools and guidance to satisfy all 5 essentials of retirement:
- Staying Physically Fit
- Staying Mentally Fit
- Staying Financially Fit
- Maintaining or Increasing Social Contacts
- Enjoying Retirement
The key benefit is that the workshop isn't just about passing information. The exercises and discussions assist delegates to identify what is important to them personally and to identify the actions they need to take to ensure they enjoy, and make the most of, their retirement. As one participant said:
"…along with the others attending the course, I found that I was being made to THINK about retirement, in all of its aspects, and challenged to question many of my pre-conceived ideas…"
This extremely successful approach has facilitated a retirement support solution that no other supplier can match:
- The UK's largest schedule of Open workshops (more than 200 workshops across 45 locations this year) meets the requirements of organisations with dispersed or occasional potential retirees.
- A 2 day 'Extended Finance' version of the 1 day workshop (available through both the open and in-house programmes) that goes in to high detail on all the financial aspects of retirement.
- The in-house programme allows larger organisations the ability to tailor this support to their workforce:
- On the 1 day workshop sessions can be included on pension schemes and employee benefits
- On the 2 day workshop, as well as the above, the financial content can be configured to meet a client's specific requirements and focus, for example on managing debt or good money habits
- Versions of the workshops are also available that focus specifically on choices available under pension freedom, or are aimed at people 10-15 years away from potential retirement
- All workshop delegates are also provided with access to a suite of high value free or discounted 'post-workshop' facilities including:
- A lifestyle magazine website
- Online Guides on topics such as Concessions and Discounts, Caring for Elderly Parents, Staying Fit and Healthy plus a variety of others all of which are particularly valuable in retirement
- Email newsletters
- Ongoing tutor Q&A support
- Access to finance professionals if desired
- An online Retirement Planning workshop that assists attendees to further refine their thinking and planning, including in-depth education on financial planning, all of which can be done over time at their own pace. SCORM compliant, the online course can be hosted inside an organisation's own LMS or accessed through a purpose-built website
To enable potential clients to make an educated comparison between any current provision and LaterLife workshops free Observer places are available on the Open workshops, where a representative can attend the full day and experience the difference.
For more details: Call us on 0333 220 4164, email us at LaterLife@jelfgroup.com, or use the Organisation Enquiry Form
Back to retirement courses - home